Last week we had a huge dump in Missoula – the 7th largest snow storm in history. While it was hard getting our cars stuck and unstuck every 5 minutes, we did have some fun with it.
Matt had to shovel in his suit on the way to a practice trial (that may not have been so fun):
Here goes with my first attempt at video! The dogs had a blast skiing with Matt through the neighborhood and playing snow frisbee:
In other news…..
This whole having a baby thing is getting real! We have spent the last couple of weeks trying to knock things off of our to-do list. They have included:
1. Getting our car seat installed – We went to the fire station and had some qualified professionals help us out. They informed us that they take a 2 day class on car seat safety and that 85% of people install their car seats wrong the first time. All I have to say is that firemen + baby talk = HOT. I will be bringing my single girlfriends back for the post-baby car seat check once VBJ joins us!
2. Breastfeeding basics class – Without going into details, we learned a lot but it looks kind of hard. We especially liked the first bullet on the “do not” list – DO NOT chase your baby around with your breast..uhh, ok.
3. Pre-registering for hospital – How the heck do ladies who get to the hospital about to drop a baby fill out a 30 minute registration form!?
4. Baby room construction – As I am typing Matt is hammering away trying to finish the trim in the nursery. There sure is a lot of cursing going on, I hope VBJ doesn’t have a potty mouth when he/she comes out.
5. Stockpiling – For being tiny little critters, babies sure need a lot of stuff. Between hand-me-downs and generous parents and friends we have been doing great. The baby has a place to sleep, some clothing to wear, diapers to poop in, and a couple of ways to get around.
We made a baby registry, but I would call it more of a guess list of things that a baby may need – I mean, what do we really know about babies at this point? Nada.
Baby Bump Watch:
VBJ is now 33 weeks and 6 days old (not that I am counting the seconds or anything…). For you non-baby peeps, a baby is full term between 38 and 42 weeks but can pop out whenever they feel like it.