Most people would think that two weeks out from your wedding you would be stressing about flowers matching your shoes, getting tent heaters, counting the number of RSVP’s, and asking “did we forget to invite Great Aunt Zelda?”
Matt and I, on the other hand, are busy thinking about the ingredients that make up our momentary shit sandwich. Here they are, in order of suckyness.
1. Matt is getting knee surgery tomorrow. Yes, TOMORROW. Despite a nagging voice in his head saying “don’t do it, something is going to happen” Matt went to his soccer game on Tuesday night and blew out his knee. The Doc (same one that fixed my knee a year ago!) seemed to think Matt’s knee was an emergency surgery situation, and even though the Doc has tomorrow off he is coming in to do the surgery – overtime?? You must all be dying to know, will Matt be healed, mobile and drug-free for the wedding? The answers are no, no and yes! I am debating decorating his crutches with ribbons, barbed wire, twine or twinkle lights – so many options! We also think it may be fun for Matt to get a Rascal motorized scooter to buzz around in.
2. Our main car broke down today. I hired a trainer to get my ass in shape a few weeks ago – wishful thinking. She told me that I needed to quit alcohol and dairy when I informed her that the bottom of my food pyramid is cheese – ha! Come on, I’m from Vermont. I decide because of all the bad knee news in the past day that I would stop at a cute coffee shop and get a FULL DAIRY latte today. When I got back in the car it would not go into gear. After begging a friend to help me push it backwards out of the parking spot and driving in 2nd gear across town, I found out that we need a new clutch. Ouch, cha-ching!!!
3. They are predicting that the Yellowstone River will crest on June 19th. I hope everyone coming rented seafaring rental cars.
4. Last week I pulled my trusty little camera out of its pouch, probably to take a pic of the Wu Clan being cute, and it was dead – RIP. I brought it into the shop and they told me 3 – 5 weeks for a new one, crying didn’t even work. Thanks Kelley for lending me your little Coolpix for the pre-wedding weeks and blogging fun!
5. While in Livingston last weekend we hit a skunk…the icing on the underside of the car.
Pre shit sandwich, Matt and I were really trucking on wedding work. We headed up to the ranch for the last two weekends to work, work, work! Here are the highlights:
• I manned up and hauled fence posts, slash piles and garden trash to a burn site for a whole day. During that time a barbed wire fence jumped up and bit my forehead. I am not sure I am cut out for this cowgirl stuff? Matt sure is (the boy version), and I think I have him fooled that I am too.
• We turned on and dug out the irrigation system to fill the pond in the front yard for the first time in 6 years. Ditch digging is not for the faint of arms…I’m still sore. Thanks for the help Madeline!
I should get my patient to bed and get my nurse Ratched attitude and outfit prepared for tomorrow. Wish Matt luck!
P.S. Matt and I are looking forward to looking back on all of this in a year and even 50 years from now and having a good laugh.